IF YOU’RE INTO LANDING PAGE OPTIMIZATION, you’re gonna love this article. A very entertaining article by Oli Gardner of Unbounce.com that walks you through the steps to getting more conversions from your landing page (you do have one, don’t you?):
- First I’ll give you the only rationale you’ll ever need to explain why landing pages are to marketers, what Immodium is to an astronaut with diarrhea. Essential.
- I’ll prove why context – not content – is king when it comes to conversion.
- Following that, I will make you fall in love with forms. FYI, it’s really, really hard to make form love a “thing”.
- Mid way through we’ll sip some Canadian Club, get our Don Draper on, and learn how to write copy like the Mad Men (and Women).
- “Paint me a pretty picture Johnny!” “Screw you mommy. Design is not just rainbows and unicorns!”
- Is it greedy to want a second helping when you’re an orphan? Not if you have my name. (It’s Oliver in case you’re confused). Always ask for more when it comes to conversion .
- And finally, I’ll put my art critic hat on and rip into some landing page examples, both good and bad.
You’ll learn about attention ratio, conversion rates, providing context–not content, persuasive design, great copywriting, and much, much more.
And you won’t be bored.